Sunday 2 August 2009

Guidance


I was reminded this evening when we sung this hymn how, several months ago, when in one of life's dilemas I noticed that the children's memory verse for the week was: I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Psalm 32v8. It was a great help and comfort to me and I was able to be still and wait, in the knowledge that my heavenly Father has his eye upon me.


How blest are they whose trespass
has freely been forgiven,

whose sins are wholly covered
before the sight of heaven.

So let the godly seek thee
in times when thou art near;
no whelming floods shall reach them
or cause their hearts to fear.

"I graciously will teach thee
the way that thou shalt go,
and, with my eye upon thee,
My counsel make thee know.

“but do not be unruly
or slow to understand;
be not perverse, but willing
to heed My wise command."

Then in the LORD be joyful,
in song lift up your voice;
be glad in God, ye ransomed:
rejoice, give thanks, rejoice!


The Psalter,1912

No comments: